BootStuff is a simple application developed by P Squared to assist in the correct start up of P Squared applications but it can also be used to intelligently launch any third party application.
It's primary roles are:
- To check for the presence of a network location or resource prior
to starting a P Squared application
- To use an alternative network location or resource if the primary
location is not available
BootStuff's key features include:
Perform tests for servers, network locations or mapped network drives.
- You can also insert a pause for a period of time.
- If all the 'Primary Test' pass then BootStuff will launch one or more P Squared applications.
- BootStuff can also be set to start any third party application.
- If the 'Primary Tests' fail then you can set 'Alternate Tests' and actions.
The most common uses for BootStuff are:
Don't Start Myriad Until The Server Is Ready - BootStuff will test to see if the server of network location is available and will only start Myriad (or any other application) when it is.
- If The Primary Server Fails To Start, Switch To Backup - BootStuff will test for the primary server but if it fails to find it in a set time then it will run a set of 'Alternate Tests' and assuming they pass, run Myriad (or another application) using a different Configuration Profile to make Myriad use the backup data location.
BootStuff is a free resource developed to make our customers lives easier. Contact us for your free copy today.
Buy Direct From Our New Online Store